Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Interruptus

 As you may no doubt be able to surmise by the above photo of an X-ray, I've had an accident.
I don't want anyone to think that I've lost my zeal for my new initiatives so quickly- much the opposite!- but I won't be able able to experiment, bake, dry dishes, slice bread, or otherwise use my right wrist for 4-6 weeks.
Who knew the wrist was the lynchpin for all these daily activities??
Seriously though, I hope to be writing, cooking, and running again after I change this plaster splint for a cast and survive a busy next couple of weeks...
Oh, and my first dozen cookies go to the person who can come up with the most entertaining or outlandish use for the device above! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the curveballs life throws! I hope you'll find creative ways to keep doing what you like to do without straining your right wrist.

    My cats would love the device above. They would stand on their hind legs to bat the hanging mesh, and I would move the device up and down to keep them engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Well, then you now have time to sit on your couch (besides just walking a lot instead of running!!) and just let your mind wander. You'll see that doing that will give you quite some additional inspiration! And I, in fact, should get my butt off the couch and start writing again :-)

    ReplyDelete