Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

A fudge cookie with a case of meringue

What a treat you are in for today!
The same day I resolved to make something with those mushrooms, I also got the hankering for something less virtuous and more instantly smile-inducing. Enter: Fudge.
I had seen this lovely recipe for Chocolate Espresso Fudge Cookies on a favorite blog, and it looked like exactly what I wanted. Crinkly, crackly, but way fudgy, not a dry cookie all the way through. And it delivered-- SO much so that I had to mail out a few dozen so I didn't end up eating them all (which would have been very sad and awful in its repercussions)!

I didn't fiddle with the recipe, since what I wanted that day (as you saw from my mushroom post) was not tinkering but honest-to-goodness comfort food. Although the batter was quite wet meringue-like in its soft peaks, it wasn't too difficult to make it into tantalizing, wispy-but-substantial, cookie forms.
This is one of those times where I might wax scientific about the outside ingredient creating a crinkle texture, while the heat ratio contains and preserves the the gooey center, etc. But really? Just make them and enjoy. And thank Lindsey for posting the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment