Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Small skill, Big pleasure

Isn't it great when you do something exactly right? In my impatience for the real butter to melt (moved away from hydrogenized margarine products), I have been putting too much butter on toast, then either letting it melt off, swathing it back on the butter pat, or simply consuming too much butter. This morning, I waited. And it was jut the right amount. Ah, waht happens when we are relaxed and generous. (It may have helped that I just saw that no one will be in the office today except me, so I have free rein over my schedule for today- woo-hoo!) Next up today: caramelized peach tart, or peach and pecan upside-down cake, or top-crust peach and cardomom pie. One of those, or something like, will end up at Nina's potluck tonight! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy peach things- too bad I can't go through the screen and take a bite ;)

    ReplyDelete