Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

After Birthday Blue

I wish I knew how to do more fancy-pants features with this blog! I guess I could take some time to figure it out, but... I guess I'm satisfied enough with the plain old Jane old format to continue as-is.
So, my birthday was on Monday! And it was a darned-pretty-good day. I had a small gathering of friends who happened to have time on Sunday afternoon over in my backyard. Actually, it's a cement patch. And it was its 'coming out party'- the first time I'd used it. I hope to make much more use in the coming months in the hot hot weather!
I cooked whatever came swirling out of my head a few hours before the start time, confident that the full fridge would yield some zingy combinations, and it did, I think:
hot Italian sausage for appetizer
homemade mint and jasmine iced tea
sauteed kale and caramelized onions
spaghetti with salmon, asparagus, and pine nuts
kimchi mandu (ok, those were from H Mart)
pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (http://www.5dollardinners.com/2008/09/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html
pear tart (http://localfoods.about.com/od/fall/r/pear_tart.htm)

And it was a pretty good success! In spite of the rain drops falling on our heads.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I love caramelized onions, and the salmon-asparagus-pine nuts combo sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete